Gate 2015 notification is out and GATE exam forms will be out from September 1. So it is right time to start preparing for the exam.
This is 3rd part of the four part series of synchronous machine notes. Electrical machine has a vast syllabus so it will be good to start it early. These notes are for all those who want to self prepare for GATE exam. Electrical Machine is difficult subject and these notes will help you going a long way in GATE preparation. You must also take help of the NPTEL, a large number of videos and notes on electrical machine.
Topics covered in this pdf
- open circuit characteristics
- external load control
- compounding characteristics
- short circuit ratio
- two reaction theory
- reluctance power, power flow in alternator, synchronizing power
- synchronizing methods
- two alternators in parallel / parallel operation
- effect of changes in excitation
- principal and operation of synchronous motor
- Lots of solved problems
Stat tuned for more